Stomach Virus Hits 100 People in Scottish Hotel
Recently, the luxurious Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland faced a big trouble. The health officials of the National Health Service reported that more than 100 guests and employees of the hotel have been sickened by a stomach bug. They believed norovirus to be the cause of the outburst which is leaving the guests with the symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea. The NHS advised that the people who are suffering from the symptoms should maintain proper hygiene as to not spread the virus and to remain at home at least 48 hours after the symptoms have cleared.A hotel spokeswoman said they were only aware of many of the cases when the guests who had stayed there last weekend called to report being sick, though none of them are being hospitalized.
Gleneagles Hotel is a five-star luxury resort in Auchterarder in the beautiful countryside of Perthshire, Scotland which is just an hour drive from the main cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow. Built in 1924 by the Caledonian railway Co., the Gleneagles Hotel has several golf courses, spas, the only Michelin two-star restaurant, Andrew Fairlie in Scotland, a shooting school, an equestrian school, fishing spots, and much more spots. The 2005 G8 Summit was held at Gleneagles and it is also programmed to host the 2014 Ryder Cup. According to the Fairlie, no one working in his restaurant was sickened rather those who became ill sound as if eaten in the clubhouse restaurant, the Dormy.